Pitch your ideas with persuasive power!
Presenting with Purpose & Passion is a hands-on workshop (yes, you will be speaking in front of the class) that teaches you how to express your ideas effectively – to encourage your audience to understand your views, trust your judgement, adopt new mindsets, change behaviours, and believe that you are confident, competent and credible.
While the workshop can be customised for a one-day or two-day event, the core program always includes practical tips for persuasive pitching, presenting and general public speaking. This includes preparing a slide deck from scratch as well as strategies to ‘stand and deliver’ it confidently.
Topics and techniques that are usually covered:
- Planning to impress
- Understanding the audience
- Pinpointing the purpose
- Introductions with impact
- Engaging endings
- Storytelling and other structures
- Making your message memorable (for all the right reasons)
- Slick slides
- The power of props
- Interacting with the audience
- Speaking with slides
- Presenting online
- Taming technology
- Nuking the nerves
- Tuning the instruments (voice, breath, mouth, etc.)
- Bold and brave confidence boosters
- Curly questions and handling hecklers
- Tag team tips
- Engaging your audience from opening to ovation
- Principles and practices of persuasion and influence
- Imparting the passion
- Communicating your credibility
- Selling the sizzle and the sausage
- Stimulating the senses
“I had the good fortune to engage Leanne to provide two days training to a group of community workers specialising in the youth homelessness sector. Leanne took the time to research the services involved and was able to gain a good sense of her target audience.
The group was well engaged in a series of informative, practical and challenging tasks throughout the two days and came away with a variety of outcomes, most notably a better understanding of how they could work together as a team and with more confidence in being able to represent their organisations.”
Communication Mistakes To Avoid In The Workplace
It’s no secret that inept communication is one of the most significant points of contention in the workplace. When you combine a range of personalities, workplace deadlines, and a pinch of external stress, you end up with the perfect recipe for miscommunication and conflict. I established Presence Communications to help people improve their professional communication skills and avoid communication mistakes in the workplace. My corporate communication skills training programs are perfect for helping teams work better together by improving their professional communication.
Common Communication Mistakes To Avoid At Work
When everyone in your work team has well-developed professional communication skills, message and meaning errors that offend clients, delay colleagues and frustrate managers can be avoided.
- Don’t react; respond. When people get frustrated at work they might yell at colleagues, send passive-aggressive emails, or lose their temper. Presence Communications’ corporate communication training will teach your team how to respond rather than react during a moment of heightened emotions. We’ll give your team the strategies necessary to emotionally regulate and control their communication.
- Face up to the tough conversations. At some point in a person’s career, they will need to give negative feedback or deliver bad news, and it can be tempting for your team to ignore the issue to avoid the conversation. However, a large part of effective professional communication is learning how to handle difficult conversations with compassion and confidence.
- Differentiate conversations. No two people are alike. Everyone has different communication needs and expectations, and if your team can learn how to accommodate those differences, they’ll find professional communication flows a lot easier. One way to begin learning how to differentiate communication is to have your team take the True Colors personality test to understand their own key characteristics and behaviours and how they impact on their colleagues’ productivity and job satisfaction.
- Never assume someone has understood you. My corporate communication skills training program will teach your team to check for verbal and nonverbal cues that ensure their message has been understood.
How Can You Improve Your Team’s Communication Skills?
If you’d like to see your team work better together, here’s a few things you can do to improve communication skills in the workplace.
- Figure out what kind of personalities you’re working with. Every team is made up of a range personality types and this diversity is what makes collaborative work so successful. However, sometimes certain personalities clash due to misinterpretation of behaviour and the consequent miscommunication. I’m a firm believer in understanding a person’s personality profile to figure out the best way to communicate with them. That’s why my True Colors workshops will help you gain a deeper insight into your team’s personality profiles and communication styles.
- Organise a corporate communication skills training session. One of the best ways to improve your team’s professional communication skills is with a Presence Communications corporate communication training workshop. I can help your team recognise their current communication blind spots and work to become more effective collaborators. If you’re interested in organising a session, please enquire!
- Ask for your team’s input.Make sure to find out how your team perceives their current communication methods and styles before you go changing anything. You can ask your team members:
- Whether or not they feel confident communicating ideas and opinions to others in the team.
- Whether or not they’re happy with how others communicate with them.
- How they would prefer to receive communications in the workplace.
- Whether they have any weaknesses they’d like to develop into strengths.
Why Choose Presence Communications For Corporate Communication Skill Training?
There are quite a few reasons why more workplaces turn to Presence Communications for corporate communication training.
- Unparalleled experience. I am a qualified corporate communications professional dedicated to helping people develop and refine their professional presence. I have extensive experience across several industries in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors. I can help your team develop the necessary skills to communicate effectively in the workplace.
- A range of skill-building programs. No matter what professional communication skills your team needs to develop, I can create a tailored program to suit them. I specialise in delivering these programs:
- True Colours Personality Profiling. Help your team work better together by learning more about each other.
- 5-Carat Business Writing Brilliance. Improve your team’s verbal and written professional communication skills by offering my customisable writing workshop.
- Lunchbox Learning. Bite-sized learning opportunities for the team that needs boosters on specific skills. Each session runs from 30-90 minutes, so you can fit training into your day.
- Presenting with Purpose and Passion. Give your team the skills they need to present and pitch with confidence and authority.
- Trim & Tone Your Writing In 7 Easy Steps. I can teach your team to create compelling reports, proposals and emails, free of waffle and faster to read.
- Collaboration Quickstep. Ideal if you feel your team needs to refine their collaboration skills to think fast and work innovatively with others.
- Demonstrated success in professional communication development. Presence Communications has helped hundreds of groups and individuals refine and enhance their professional communication skills. I’m proud to have a long list of happy clients who’ve gained real value from my workshops.
If you’re looking for corporate communication training, contact Presence Communications
Since 2013, I’ve been empowering clients to develop and refine their professional presence, both in person and on paper. I established Presence Communications, a training and services consultancy, to help individuals and organisations communicate effectively and gain recognition for their efforts, achievements, and innovations. I’ve worked with hundreds of clients from public, private, and profit-for-purpose sectors, and gaining a reputation for professionalism, dedication, and credible results. If you’d like to learn more about corporate communication skills training, contact Presence Communications today.