How well does your team get along?
Do you all know what boosts or bugs each other?
A True Colors workshop – empathy training for teams and their leaders – will help your teams work better together for greater performance, productivity … and your peace of mind.
True Colors is a model for understanding yourself and others based on your personality temperament.
It helps you work out how you’re wired and why sometimes that can be confusing for the people working with you, especially when you’re starting a new project together.
Orange, Gold, Green and Blue are used to differentiate four central personality styles. Each of us has a combination of these ‘true colours’ that make up our personality spectrum, usually with one colour being the most dominant.
Identifying your personality and the personalities of others using True Colors reveals insights into different motivations, actions, and communication styles.
“It was a great way to understand my own approach to tasks but also how to better understand my interactions with others and achieve the best result by adjusting the way I interact with others.” – Team Leader, insurance industry
Who needs True Colors training?
True Colors is ideal for organisations that want to:
- Improve team communication
- Encourage empathy
- Boost team morale
- Reduce mental and emotional stress
- Offer research-based learning that’s also fun
and those with the challenges of:
- Newly formed teams
- New members joining existing teams
- New team leaders
- Performance decline
- Communication and ‘people’ problems
For team members, this means understanding better how our colleagues contribute to common goals, and allowing them to get to know how we work best too.
For team leaders, True Colors enables you to recognise what motivates each person so you can support their strengths and help them succeed.
For project teams, True Colors helps to identify who’s best to take on which tasks at what point to keep everything and everyone on track.
True Colors works because it’s based on proven principles* and it’s easy to remember and use in all kinds of circumstances – from personal relationships to professional success.
Although based on the same renowned research as MBTI and DISC, True Colors workshops are known for being more interactive, practical, meaningful and fun!
Plus, the colours offer an easier-to-remember common language for your teams.
Global companies like KRAFT, Disney, Ford Motor Company, Kawasaki Motor Manufacturing, Boeing, McDonalds, and GE Insurance engage True Colors to strengthen and support their staff.
“I arranged the course as a team building exercise for my team. It was really well delivered and helped my team gain an insight into each other’s way of working and when to recognise stress factors. I would recommend this course to other teams who work closely together to deliver outcomes.” – Director, government department
* The Assessment Standards Institute, which facilitates the development and application of the American Psychological Association (APA) standards for educational and psychological testing, has certified True Colors as exceeding generally accepted standards of Data Reliability, Construct Validity and Disparate Impact. https://www.truecolorsintl.com/research-precis
Book a free 20-minute True Colors Tell Me More call to find out all the options for helping your team communicate better and work more productively.
Or send an email request to: email@example.com
Read more about how True Colors personality profiling reveals powerful insights about creativity and innovation.
Here’s how mental health heroes reveal their colours in the workplace.
Watch this YouTube video that explains how True Colors helps people feel valued for their strengths and their differences.
Visit the True Colors International website
Leanne went above and beyond to tailor the True Colours to suit our organisation, particularly due to the challenges posed by COVID-19 and logistical issues. The delivery was professional, friendly, fun, interactive and engaging.
Project Officer, government department
A fun and succinct course that brings people together to learn about their own needs and areas for self-improvement and most importantly in a non-confrontational manner, but about Team Development. Highly recommended.
Team member, government department
Amazing presentation with good interaction for everyone. Allows you to understand what colour you are and what makes you happy and not. Also allows you to understand how others think and respond.
Dr Diana Makeran – Mamu Health
Our ability to understand how others see us is a powerful tool for self awareness, growth and challenge! Would recommend this course to all size teams looking to build cohesion, trust and performance.
Fun, interactive workshop. Leanne is very informative and our team just loved it.
True Colors is a fantastic program. It assists teams in gaining a better understanding about each other’s personalities and work styles. It really makes you stop and reflect on strengths and weaknesses. Moving forward I believe our team will overall be a stronger unit because of this program. Thank you very much to Leanne from Presence Communications for brightening up IIG’s colours.
It was a fun and eye-opening experience that engaged the entire team. As a team, we developed an understanding of the different personality traits and how we can best work with each other to avoid stressors and ensure that all team members feel valued. The information gained has helped us to work better together as a team, leveraging strengths of each of the colours that we have in the team. Great experience that the whole team enjoyed.
As a manager, the True Colors workshop really helped break down the barriers in our team, and allowed people to gain a greater understanding of their colleagues work and communication preferences. It bought the team closer together and will have lasting benefits.
Great team building excercise for creating healthy working relationships.
This was an extremely helpful workshop and Leanne made it very enjoyable. I wasn’t sure what to expect and was a bit skeptical so was very pleasantly surprised and thankful to be able to take so much useful information away from the session.
Thank you Leanne.
Previous personality tests offer limited if any insights into different triggers, strengths and non-verbal communication styles of myself and others. This course really opened my eyes to these important personality differences.
David – team leader
A way to find out more about yourself and those closest to you. AND those that are not so close to you.
Team member – government department
Bringing a new team together can be difficult but with True Colors we connected quickly and understood each other’s strengths and opportunities. Great tool!
Tanya Lindsey – Executive Officer
I have a better insight on what drives my co-workers.
Team member – government department
Recommend this for anyone who wants to learn more about themselves and enhance their own self awareness and development.
Team member – government department
True Colors helped our newly formed team come together and better understand each other. Would recommend.
Business Operations Manager – education and training industry
Excellent, entertaining and non-threatening presentation.
Alana Young – SMO Mamu Health Service
True Colours is not just a Cindy Lauper song. It is what myself and others live with everyday and have a better understanding of each other.
Team member – regional health service
Gained a lot of knowledge of not only other people but myself.
Team member – regional health service
I realized that I go from Blue to Gold depending on the circumstances and situation.
Fiona Rassip – Mamu Health Service Limited Medical Receptionist
Everything You Need To Know About The True Colors Personality Test
Teamwork and team building can be challenging, especially when many rich, varying personalities with different communication and behaviour styles are trying to achieve a common goal. Sometimes, getting a team collaborating and working well together requires taking a step back and looking at the individual personalities that make up the group. Presence Communications is a certified provider of True Colors personality testing, and I can help you understand what motivates each person in your team so they can all work better together.
What is the True Colors Personality Test?
Firstly, True Colors is more than quiz to find out your personality profile and strengths. It’s also a fun empathy training workshop for teams and their leaders. It’s built on the belief that every person’s personality spectrum comprises four central personality types, expressed as four colours. However, there’s usually one colour that is the most dominant or brightest.
- Understand yourself better. When we understand our own personalities and triggers for stress, we become better at recognising how our reactions, emotions, and attempts to communicate affect those around us. The True Colors personality test unpacks each team member’s key characteristics to learn how we interact with others.
- Understand your team members. Like us, our team members express a range of behaviour and motivation signals, which are often different strengths and weaknesses to our own.
- Understand how to work collaboratively. The biggest takeaway from a True Colors personality profiling workshop is understanding how to work better as a team. When you know each team member’s ‘true colours’, you gain more insight into the things that upset them, causing conflict within the group. You feel more empowered to delegate tasks that align with individual strengths, and you can communicate effectively with one another to achieve a collective goal.
What Does Your Colour Say About You?
No person’s personality is made up of only one colour, and most tend to feature one or two dominant or brighter colours.
- Orange: Energetic, spontaneous, charming.
- Orange people tend to be action-oriented and are comfortable taking risks. They’re competitive, and they seek adventure and opportunities to push the boundaries. They love to live in the moment and enjoy a flexible schedule. They get stuff done.
- Gold: Punctual, organised, precise.
- Gold people need structure and organisation to feel comfortable. Order, rules, respect, and dependability are important to them. They like to follow a strict plan or schedule, and they expect punctuality from themselves and those around them. They keep the team on track.
- Green: Analytical, intuitive, visionary.
- Green people find innovative thinking and problem solving very exciting. They have an acute ability to see the bigger picture and effectively analyse solutions. They enjoy thinking outside of the box. They encourage curiosity and critical thinking.
- Blue: Empathetic, compassionate, cooperative.
- Blue people are very social and they value harmony and relationships. They are genuinely kind, sincere, and compassionate, and they look for those traits in others. They love opportunities to collaborate and work with others to form connections. They energise the team.
How does knowing your colour power help your team work better together?
If you’re wondering how the True Colors personality test will improve collaboration and teamwork, here are a few positive impacts:
- Effective communication. A True Colors personality profiling workshop gives your team helpful strategies for communicating effectively with different personalities and helps to strengthen team engagement.
- Conflict management. Sharing the results of their True Colors personality test in the workshop helps your team to recognise the causes of conflict and builds their capability to acknowledge, navigate, resolve, and mitigate conflict in the workplace.
- Better collaboration. When you have a better understanding of the personalities that make up your team, you’ll be able to delegate tasks to optimise people’s strengths and keep everyone engaged on the project.
To organise a True Colors personality test workshop for your team, contact Presence Communications now.
Since 2013, I’ve been empowering clients to develop and refine their professional presence, both in person and on paper. I established Presence Communications, a training and services consultancy, to help individuals and organisations communicate effectively and gain recognition for their efforts, achievements, and innovations. I’ve worked with hundreds of clients from public, private, and profit-for-purpose sectors, and gaining a reputation for professionalism, dedication, and credible results. If you’re interested in the True Colors personality test, contact Presence Communications today.