What, why, who and how to refer Presence Communications
84% of B2B decision-makers start the buying process with a referral, according to Salesforce Data.
When you refer a solution provider to someone you know, you’re saving that someone time, effort and money.
You’re adding value to your relationship.
When you refer Presence Communications, you’re saving me time, effort and money too.
You’re creating opportunities for me to:
- grow my business (thank you!) and
- help you more (i.e. to underline that you care about your client’s success generally, not just with your specialist solution)
Please consider suggesting my help when you see a skills gap in your client’s work or hear about a communication-related challenge they’re experiencing.
This page describes who I want to help, how I can, and the ways you can refer me.
To refresh your memory about what I offer and help you feel confident about referring me to others (or others to me), click on any of the 5 points below (or keep scrolling!).
True Colors Team Communication
Ideal for: Teams/team leaders and People & Culture managers in larger SMEs and organisations, e.g. government agencies, research institutions, industry associations and professional services firms
- 5-Carat Brilliant Business Writing
- Trim & Tone Your Writing in 7 Easy Steps
- Presenting with Purpose & Passion
- Gift of the GAB
- Express Your Value
- Tailored training
Ideal for: Teams/team leaders and Learning & Development managers in larger SMEs and organisations
Executive Coaching 1:1
- As you need it
- Communication Confidence, Capability & Credibility structured program of 6 x 90-minute sessions with core learning content + customised activities for individual needs and interests
Build a Better Business
Cert IV in Entrepreneurship and New Business (contracted by TAFE Queensland RTO 0275)
Ideal for: Startup founders, micro and small business owners; Learning & Development managers looking to offer staff a nationally accredited business program and qualification
Training and Assessment Design Services
Including review, validation, marking and moderation of accredited courses
Ideal for: Learning & Development and People & Culture managers in larger SMEs and organisations; Registered Training Organisations
Chicken in – ditch the nerves and pitch the power
- 150+ experience and evidence-based practical ideas for dealing with nerves
- easy-to-read handbook
- paperback and ebook versions
Ideal for: Anyone who wants practical tips for improving their public speaking, presenting and pitching skills